Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I've always loved cooking, when the opportunity came up to have a small catering company, I jumped right in with both feet!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

"Our Gala Affair"

Years ago, when I was happily married and still an obedient wife, I had my "Most Embarrassing Moment".

My husband worked in the marketing department of one of Canada's leading gas companies. He was responsible this particular year, for coordinating the annual awards night at one of Edmontons best hotels.

It was to be a gala affair so I purchased a beautiful blue silk dress, a little bling bling and I looked marvelous! My husband wore his best, a beautiful brown suit that I loved. He was quite dapper! Together, we shone, a handsome couple!

The seating arrangements at dinner were such that I was seated beside the President of Marketing and his lovely wife was beside my husband. We dined, we danced, we drank, we blew our own horn!. It was all politically correct and oh, I don't know contrived. We applauded the awards and speeches - rah!rah! And then desert.

Everyone retired to the mezzanine for cigars and after dinner drinks. A social mixer, schmoozing, congratulations and working the room. The evening was proving to be a big success and my husband was soaking up the accolades on a "job well done"! He was rightfully proud of all his hard work putting the event together. After all, the "big boy's" were here from head office.

I spotted my husband across the room and drink in hand I strolled over to him, sidled up to him from behind and pinched his butt - hard. As soon as my fingers dug into his ass, I realized this was not the firm ass I had been hanging onto in moments of ecstasy for many years, oh, no, this soft, fleshy skin between my fingers did not belong to my husband! My jaw dropped as the gentleman, whose ASS I HAD JUST PINCHED, turned around and said to me "Would you like to dance"?

It was the President of Marketing and his lovely wife was right beside him!!!. He was wearing the exact same suit as my husband, same height, same dark hair, same well manicured profile and I was two Appleton's out of focus!

I said, Oh My God, I'm So Sorry!. From that moment, I don't remember what happened really, I found my husband, told him what I had done and spent the rest of our "gala affair" in our hotel room crying. Seriously, all I wanted to do was die.

2 Comments:

Blogger MilkMaid said...

Well..I don't mean to laugh at your expense...but it is funny!! A readers digest story for sure......

5:22 a.m.  
Blogger J.M. Byers said...

Denny, I should have married you then! I was young and my FORMER husband was extremely upset with me. I was in deep shit after that incident. I couldn't do anything that made my husband look like a fool and that's how he percieved things.

I think it's funny NOW, that's why I'm telling in now... should I edit my story?

6:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home